sa . ta . na . ma
birth . life . death . rebirth.
The circle of life
I offer counselling and energy healing around the subject of death and grieving. I draw on my training as a qualified death doula and shamanic healer and my experience of death and grief in doula work and time spent with people in famine areas and refugee camps.
Modern society has largely forgotten how to “do death”. We push it away, hoping somehow it won’t touch us. Our loved ones are rushed off to the funeral director’s hands and, after a few weeks, friends start asking if you’re “alright now”. As though you were getting over a cold, not readjusting your whole world.
It can help to talk through the deaths you have experienced or how you feel about your own death, in a safe accepting space. There is no right or wrong way to deal with death. But facing it is a start.
Counselling – one on one session to deal with issues around death and grief.
Shamanic soul release – to help those who have died to move on, even a long time ago. This may be someone close to you, or an unwelcome presence you sense in your home.
Both can generally be in person or over zoom. $50 per hour.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Join me for a free introductory conversation to the Sacred Death course for those who have a personal or professional interest in understanding death and how we live with it.
- 2-4pm 22/02/2021 at Warung Lala Lili, Penestanan, Ubud
- 1-3pm 10/03/2021 at Sehuli Retreat, Pererenan, Canggu.
With certified Death Doula and shamanic healer, Catherine Shovlin.
We will discuss aspects of death and how we can support ourselves and others experiencing this important event.
I will also share an outline of what will be included in my upcoming Sacred Death training (6 x weekly 3 hour sessions).
This course will take place in person with a small group in Bali (First course at Warung Lala Lili, Jl Penestanan, Ubud, second in Sehuli Retreat, Pererenan). In future I will offer an online version for those of you not enjoying the Bali life!
SIX WEEK COURSE
- Introduction – our own views and experiences, of death and grief. The art of Compassionate Presence.
- Our own death – coming to terms with it, designing a meaningful death that meets our needs, creating an Advanced Plan
- Death and Society – different cultural approaches and taboos around death and grief. Comparison of Western approach with Balinese views.
- Every death is different – death stories, a person-centred approach, holding space. Secrets, lies, scandals and family dynamics
- Working with death – physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death, self-care
- Integration and Application – including sharing the Shamanic practices I use before and after death
Weekly sessions of three hours in a small group (max 8) using a combination of talking circles, pair work, practical exercises and sharing information. There will be a reading list provided and some research or reflection work to complete between classes.
The Ubud course will start on Mar 11th, 9am-12pm and the following 5 Wednesdays
Canggu course dates tbc
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
There is no specialist experience needed. Much more important is your attitude to the topic, your own relationship with death and your ability to work well within the group and follow the shared agreement we will draw up together around safe space, confidentiality etc. I reserve the right to suggest further personal development is needed as a condition for joining the course.
The course will cost IDR3.6 million. Early bird price IDR2.6 million till end Feb for Ubud course and end March for Canggu.
Two scholarship places will be available to local individuals showing especial aptitude and interest. Please email me at email@example.com if you wish to be considered.