Join me for the third time of running the Sacred Death course – for anyone who has a personal or professional interest in understanding death and how we live with it.
- 10am-1pm on Tuesdays starting 1 Mar 2022 at Infiniti, Penestanan, Ubud
With certified Death Doula and shamanic healer, Catherine Shovlin.
Do you find yourself at odds with family and old friends in your attitudes to death? Or maybe the thought terrifies you and you are ready to understand why and shift that feeling. Maybe you are currently grieving and confused by the process.
We will discuss aspects of death and how we can support ourselves and others experiencing this important event.
This course will take place in person with a small group in Bali (at Infiniti, Jl Penestanan, Ubud). It is strongly recommended that you commit to attend all six sessions.
Here are some comments from other participants in 2021:
“Catherine creates a space where we can explore and discover on an individual and group level. It’s wonderful to opportunity to have conversations and share perspectives around topics that are often not spoken about. Catherine is a magnificent guide, sharing from her experiences and leading the group with her calm and charismatic presence. I recommend this experience to anybody who is resonating with it at a given time in their lives. ” Karin
“I recommend everyone to learn how to deal with death. Interestingly enough, every week the course taught me a lot about life.” Sanne
“This course make me at peace with death” Cuaca
“I loved every minute” Katherine
SIX WEEK COURSE
- Introduction – our own views and experiences, of death and grief. The art of Compassionate Presence.
- Our own death – coming to terms with it, designing a meaningful death that meets our needs, creating an Advanced Plan
- Death and Society – different cultural approaches and taboos around death and grief. Comparison of Western approach with Balinese views. Controversial deaths.
- Death and family dynamics – death stories, a person-centred approach, holding space. Secrets, lies, scandals and heartache
- Working with death – physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death and caring for the dying
- Integration and Application – including sharing the Shamanic practices I use before and after death
Weekly sessions of three hours in a small group (max 8) using a combination of talking circles, pair work, practical exercises and sharing information. There will be a reading list provided and some research or reflection work to complete between classes.
The Ubud course starts on Mar 8, 10am-1pm local time and the following 5 Tuesdays
This course can be offered on demand. The min cost is 10 million plus travel cost if outside Ubud. This is for up to 4 participants. Additional participants @ 2.5 mill per person.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
There is no specialist experience needed. Much more important is your attitude to the topic, your own relationship with death and your ability to work well within the group and follow the shared agreement we will draw up together around safe space, confidentiality etc. I reserve the right to suggest further personal development is needed before joining the course.
The course cost is $250/£175/IDR3.5 million. Early bird price of IDR2.5M available until Feb 28 from intro meeting for your course.
Two scholarship places are available on each course to local individuals showing special aptitude and interest but without the means to pay. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered.