Join me for a free introductory conversation to the Sacred Death course for those who have a personal or professional interest in understanding death and how we live with it.
- By zoom 1 Jun 2021 online via zoom. Contact me to register. Will be at 10am GMT and 6pm GMT. This intro is for the zoom version of the course that will run in June.
- 2-4pm 6 Jul 2021 at Warung Lala Lili, Penestanan, Ubud
With certified Death Doula and shamanic healer, Catherine Shovlin.
We will discuss aspects of death and how we can support ourselves and others experiencing this important event.
I will also share an outline of what will be included in my upcoming Sacred Death training (6 x weekly 3 hour sessions).
This course will take place in person with a small group in Bali (at Warung Lala Lili, Jl Penestanan, Ubud) and on zoom for the online course.
Here are some comments from other participants in 2021:
“Catherine creates a space where we can explore and discover on an individual and group level. It’s wonderful to opportunity to have conversations and share perspectives around topics that are often not spoken about. Catherine is a magnificent guide, sharing from her experiences and leading the group with her calm and charismatic presence. I recommend this experience to anybody who is resonating with it at a given time in their lives. ” Karin
“I recommend everyone to learn how to deal with death. Interestingly enough, every week the course taught me a lot about life.” Sanne
“This course make me at peace with death” Cuaca
SIX WEEK COURSE
- Introduction – our own views and experiences, of death and grief. The art of Compassionate Presence.
- Our own death – coming to terms with it, designing a meaningful death that meets our needs, creating an Advanced Plan
- Death and Society – different cultural approaches and taboos around death and grief. Comparison of Western approach with Balinese views.
- Every death is different – death stories, a person-centred approach, holding space. Secrets, lies, scandals and family dynamics
- Working with death – physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death, self-care
- Integration and Application – including sharing the Shamanic practices I use before and after death
Weekly sessions of three hours in a small group (max 8) using a combination of talking circles, pair work, practical exercises and sharing information. There will be a reading list provided and some research or reflection work to complete between classes.
The Ubud course will start on Jul 13, 10am-1pm local time and the following 5 Tuesdays
The zoom course will start on Jun 8 at 10am GMT and the following 5 Tuesdays
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
There is no specialist experience needed. Much more important is your attitude to the topic, your own relationship with death and your ability to work well within the group and follow the shared agreement we will draw up together around safe space, confidentiality etc. I reserve the right to suggest further personal development is needed as a condition for joining the course.
The course will cost $250/£175/IDR3.6 million. Early bird discount of 25% available for 5 days from intro meeting for your course.
Two scholarship places will be available on each course to local individuals showing special aptitude and interest but without the means to pay. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered.