Join me for a free introductory conversation to the Sacred Death course for those who have a personal or professional interest in understanding death and how we live with it.
- 2-4pm 22/02/2021 at Warung Lala Lili, Penestanan, Ubud
- 1-3pm 10/03/2021 at Sehuli Retreat, Pererenan, Canggu.
With certified Death Doula and shamanic healer, Catherine Shovlin.
We will discuss aspects of death and how we can support ourselves and others experiencing this important event.
I will also share an outline of what will be included in my upcoming Sacred Death training (6 x weekly 3 hour sessions).
This course will take place in person with a small group in Bali (First course at Warung Lala Lili, Jl Penestanan, Ubud, second in Sehuli Retreat, Pererenan). In future I will offer an online version for those of you not enjoying the Bali life!
- Introduction – how do we feel about death, personal experiences, media etc
- Our own death – coming to terms with it, designing a meaningful death that meets our needs
- Death and Society – different cultural approaches and taboos. How much freedom do we have?
- Every death is different – a very personal journey, a person-centred approach, holding space
- Working with death – physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of death
Weekly sessions of three hours in a small group (max 8) using a combination of talking circles, pair work, practical exercises and sharing information. There will be a reading list provided and some research or reflection work to complete between classes.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
There is no specialist experience needed. Much more important is your attitude to the topic, your own relationship with death and your ability to work well within the group and follow the shared agreement we will draw up together around safe space, confidentiality etc. I reserve the right to suggest further personal development is needed as a condition for joining the course.
The course will cost IDR3.6 million. Early bird price IDR2.6 million.
Two scholarship places will be available to local individuals showing especial aptitude and interest. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be considered.